Friday, October 21, 2016

“I Don’t Know What Racism is” – Lil Wayne Doubles Down

A different perspective.
A different perspective.
Lil Wayne’s new book, “Gone ‘Til November: A Journal of Rikers Island” dropped Oct. 11 and is a personal and eye opening novel that talks about his eight months at Rikers, an infamous jail that is known for housing prisoners like Republican state senator, Guy Velella and rapper DMX.
The Grammy-winning rapper was arrested in 2007 after a pistol was found on his tour bus while in Manhattan, and in 2009 he pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, a felony charge that brought him a sentence of one year in prison under a plea agreement with prosecutors, the Manhattan district attorney’s office announced and The New York Times reported.
Wayne was released early from the 11,000 member prison complex because of good behavior.
While behind bars, the lyrical genius received mail including a letter from a church which goes unnamed, Relevant Magazine said.
The church stated that Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. should consider making a change in his life and use his gifts to preach the gospel.
In response, he states in the book that he considered becoming a Christian rapper even though it didn’t pan out.
A photo posted by Lil Wayne (@liltunechi) on
He wrote: I would truly have the power of having pop culture turn to God. I would have straight killers in church every Sunday.
Last week, Lil Wayne spoke about his experience on racism on Entertainment Tonight Canada, after being spotlighted in the public for a stated declaration of having,”never dealt with racism.”
Saying, “When I was 12 years old, I shot myself, I was in the house, I was, police were right there, they knocked the door down, everybody jumped over my body, to go get their guns and drugs, whatever they could find, it took one guy to cuss everyone (out) that hopped over me out.”
Wayne explained that, the man that busted in and said, “‘what the f*ck are you all doing?'”
In the back and forth response, the rapper said, “‘oh no no no we were going to go see.'”
Adding in, “What the f*ck are you all doing?”
“We called the ambulance.”
“F*ck the ambulance, ‘did you not see this kid with a hole in his chest?'”
He said the officer started ordering the others into action, before finishing the job himself. “‘You, you drive,’ he continued, “he picked me up and brought me to the hospital. He didn’t drop me off at the ambulance and say, ‘here you take him.’ He brought me to the hospital room and stayed too, until the doctor said, ‘he’s going to make it.'”
“He said, ‘don’t worry, my name is Uncle Bob,’ and he was white as snow. The mother f*ckers that hopped over me were blacker than me.”
Someone asks Wayne in the interview, “was he a cop?”
His response, “Yes, he was a cop and my life was saved by a white man. I don’t know what racism is. I know a good mother f*cker by the name of Uncle Bob though.”

No comments:

Post a Comment